How is everyone doing? This week has been great! Got some really cool stories this week, we've been able to have more interaction with people this week that almost any other week this year. It has been amazing. :)
Since I am horrible at telling stories I'm going to write this as a list. I love list. LISTS. If you see the word list to many times it starts to look like a made up word. Anyways here we go.
- We had service at someone's house where, during a painting mishap, I was told by one of their daughters that she was going to "mess my shirt up"... because of the paint. It was funny.
- Elder Guerrette and I got tired of trying traditional missionary finding activities, so we stopped doing them. We haven't been able to talk to/ teach a random person in weeks. The normal methods just don't work here.
- Instead of trying to talk to people in the street or knocking doors, we decided to walk up hills and plateaus. In proselyting clothes. It's fun
- By doing this we have been able to teach 5 people, get 1 return appointment and had one person commit to pray about the Book of Mormon
- Why does this work? We are still at a loss, don't ask us.
- So now we have decided that we are just going to do whatever we want, because apparently randomly walking up hills is more effective than anything else. We are going to try going up to the top of another public space this week, just because we can.
We climbed 2 different hills over the next 2 days and were able to teach 3 other people. 2 out of the three were some girls from a born-again non-denominational christian church that are doing a mission of their own. We talked for a good 30 minutes and it was actually a really good talk. Sometimes those conversations can be difficult but we separated on good terms and they seemed pretty excited about meeting again. I pray something good happens through this but I am just grateful for the opportunity to share the gospel with them that time. This week has been so much fun. Thank you for all the prayers and thoughts.
So that's how this week has been. We just decided to get creative in our approach to finding people and we've seen blessings. The Lord blesses those who put forth the effort. It's hard for the Lord to shape us if we don't give him material to work with. I feel so much more fulfilled when I am able to share my testimony with complete strangers at least once during the day. I never thought that sentence would ever be typed by my hands. It's kinda weird but also really cool to me.
Doctine & Covenants 50:22 "Wherefore, he that preacheth and he that receiveth, understand one another, and both are edified and rejoice together."
Elder Garrett Darren Smith